Some Details of Lego
LEGO is one of the amazing institutions of our lives with maybe the best array of toys ever made.
LEGO began like most amazing companies from modest beginnings when in 1932 a Danish carpenter Ole Kirk Christiansen's carpentry business was embroiled in the recession and basically went bankrupt. To spend the bank notes, Ole started to produce little wooden toys in the work shop and marketed them locally. Couple of years later he titled his company LEGO the domain name of that is determined by 2 Danish words "Leg" and "Godt" meaning to "play well" and thus LEGO premiered. His first toy would be a wooden toy duck.
Ole Kirk Christiansen didn't actually invent toy building bricks. He was inspired by way of a type of self locking building brick patented in Britain years earlier. LEGO acquired all the rights to this brick system if the inventor died and the earliest LEGO bricks were essentially an exact copy with this system.
LEGO bricks, we all know them at the moment, were first made in 1958. The bricks constructed then still interlock together with the ones built today. These kinds of consistency is amongst the factors which makes LEGO the terrific company it's now.
LEGO pieces are engineered in a manner that you've a product for all. From infants to schoolchildren, youths to adults, from standard brick sets to the large inspired sets which include the LEGO Airport, the LEGO Taj Mahal and LEGO Tower bridge. Whether you would like to start yourself making some misconception as you go along or building one of several various predesigned model sets, LEGO will constantly deliver.
Were you aware:
- Annually, about 19 billion LEGO bricks are designed. That may be 2.16 million LEGO bricks every hour, or 36,000 a minute.
- The LEGO construction process is so accurate that just 18 out of every $ 1 million LEGO bricks manufactured can be flawed.
- LEGO fabricates about 306 million tiny rubber tyres each year which implies they've created more tyres than any tyre manufacturer on the planet.
- Around 62 LEGO bricks for each person one of the world's 6 billion inhabitants.
- Youngsters worldwide spend around 5 billion hours a year enjoying with LEGO sets.
- Around 400 million people all over the world have used LEGO bricks.
- Above 400 billion LEGO bricks are already made since 1949. Piled together with 1 another, this is enough to participate our planet plus the Moon 10 times over.
- 7 LEGO sets are sold by outlets every second around the globe.
- The LEGO bricks bought in one year would circle the world More.
- The World's highest LEGO tower at 94.3 ft (28.7 m) with 465,000 bricks.
- By far the Longest LEGO Build at 5,179.8 ft (1,578.8 m) with 2.9 million bricks.
- Earth's Largest LEGO Image at 870.15 ft (80.84), with 1.2 million bricks.
- The earth record with the largest Lego castle used 400,000 bricks.
- The Lego Group calculated that eight-stud bricks can be arranged in 915,103,765 unique ways.
- The greatest life sized house constructed from interlocking plastic bricks is 4. 69 metres (15 ft 4 in) high, 9.39 metres (30 ft 9 in) long and 5 75 metres (18 ft 10 in) wide and contains of two floors with four rooms altogether. It turned out accomplished by 1,200 volunteers in conjunction with James May (UK) for James May's Toy Stories in Dorking, UK, on 17 September 2009. 2.4 million LEGO bricks were put to use. Your house had an interior lumber support structure. James May spent just one single night inside your home,which finished up leaking.
- The tallest structure designed with interlocking plastic bricks was 30.52 m (100 ft,1 in) high and it was constructed from the Stichting Limmen Ludiek (Netherlands) foundation on in Limmen, Netherlands, on 6 June 2010. The tapered tower structure took around three days to put together and needed the support in excess of 1,800 volunteer workers. The 1st section was placed by Kim Rosner Pedersen, first secretary at the Danish embassy within the Netherlands. Two engineers from LEGO - Per Knudsen and Karsten Niebuhr - also travelled from Denmark to assistance with supervising the attempt.
- The most important variety of complete LEGO sets in a personal collection is 1,091 and is owned by Kyle Ugone (USA) in Yuma, Arizona, USA, by 23 July 2011. Kyle Ugone is with the Marine Corps and begun his collection in 1986.
- In 2000, The British Association of Toy Retailers named the Lego brick "Toy in the Century", defeating the stuffed bear, Barbie and Action Man.
- Germany is the worlds primary Lego market, actually, Lego may be the number 1 toy company in Germany. The most popular lines in Germany are Lego TECHNIC and Lego CITY.
- The U. S. may be the second largest marketplace, with all the most popular lines being BIONICLE and Lego Alien.
- The Lego Mindstorms Robotics Invention System set is the biggest selling Lego set ever. Over 2million these have already been purchased from the globe since their roll-out.
- The first three forms of Lego sets were town, space, and pirates.
You can change this Page Layout in the toolbar above if you want to have a different content layout on this page.
You can add more content to this page by clicking the 'Add Content to Page' button.